While spring is fully underway, today is a cool day here on the Canadian Prairies so it called for soup! We love soup meals as they are nice and satiating. This one comes together really quickly in just one large pot!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1.5 TBSP no sugar added taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Optional Garnishes: sour cream, avocado, chives, black olives, cilantro, shredded cheddar
- In a medium-sized pot cook the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Warm bone broth slightly and add cream cheese and whisk to dissolve and then add to the meat.
- Add all remaining ingredients except garnishes and stir.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Divide into 4 bowls and garnish as desired.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for larger families
Leftovers reheat very well - store without additional garnishes.