So you bought that giant tub of pork rinds from Costco, but what can you do with them eating them the way they are? Well, let me take you somewhere you probably thought you’d never go … but now that you’re doing KETO, well all bets are off. Pork rinds, chocolate, peanut butter … enter the land of disbelief! Yes, pork rinds covered in chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness tastes nothing like a pork rind, I promise. Instead, you will shake your head in wonder because they are so good! Remember, pace yourself, it’s a treat, not dinner LOL
- 150g plain pork rinds, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 150g sugar-free chocolate chips (such as Krisda)
- 125g peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 90g butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g allulose, powdered
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips - just melted, does not need to be very hot.
- Place your pork rind pieces in a large bowl and pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture over top. Stir well to coat all the pieces.
- Let the mixture cool a bit before adding the powdered sugar, to almost room temperature.
- You could put it into the fridge for 5 minutes to speed the process up.
- Spread the mixture out on a parchment-lined pan and sprinkle with the powdered allulose.
- Using a large spoon or spatula, stir and flip the coated pork rinds around to get an even covering of the powdered allulose.
- Let cool completely before storing in an air-tight container in the fridge.
For variety, you can add in 1/2 cup chopped nut or toasted coconut. Just use that much less of the pork rinds.